From Diabetic Living Magazine converted for Thermomix.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
280g frozen (defrosted) or fresh Berries
2 small pears (cored & quartered)
Pinch of Cinnamon
2 egg whites (at room temperature)
4 tbsp Caster Sugar (ground from Raw Sugar in the Thermomix)
1. Ensure have have previously ground some raw sugar into castor sugar ( eg. 200g raw sugar in the TM for 15 secs at speed 10)
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan forced).
3. Place berries and pear into bowl and mix for 2 secs at speed 4.
4. Divide mix between four small ovenproof dishes.
5. Sprinkle with the Cinnamon.
6. Insert butterfly and place egg whites into TM bowl. Beat Without MC in place at 50 Degrees Celsius for 3-5 mins on speed 4 until stiff peaks form.
7. Add icing sugar 1 tspn at a time through the hole in the lid with blades rotating at speed 2-3. Take at least 2 mins to incorporate the sugar.
8. Spoon meringue mixture over fruit. Use spoon to form peaks.
9. Bake for 8-10 mins or until meringue is light brown.
10. Serve with a smile 🙂